Byron Bay - Environment as Therapy
Your treatment interests are not necessarily best served in a sterile hospital environment, or even a group setting, where your own treatment goals may be compromised by the competing needs of other patients.
To address complex life challenges such as addictions, depression, anxiety or existential crises requires you to look deep within. Doing so requires enormous inner resolve and fortitude and careful guidance by expert clinicians. This is difficult work - ultimately rewarding, but initially uncomfortable and sometimes distressing. In going deeper and facing the challenges of self-discovery, your need for external comfort, adequate nurturing and care, and the soothing balm of beautiful surroundings becomes even more crucial.
This is why your environment plays a very important role in setting the ground for the best recovery attainable. We are based in Byron Bay for very important reasons:
- The Northern Rivers region in which we are located is spectacularly beautiful. A wide range of habitats, ecosystems and activities are at your doorstep and the sheer beauty of the natural world is easily and often accessible;
- The weather is never too extreme and is usually comfortable throughout the year;
- There is a sufficient range of accommodation options to meet the high standard we demand for our clients. Your Sanctuary home will always be comfortable, restful and functional;
- We are far enough away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet enjoy easy access to high quality clinical personnel and services. Over the last two decades, the Byron Bay area has developed into a natural laboratory for the practice of integrative medicine and holistic healthcare and our practitioners are amongst the world's best.
- A highly developed recovery culture has emerged in the area over the past few decades, where we are able to access established support networks of people living substance-free lives for inclusion into your personal care teams. Instead of interacting with other patients with differing needs, you'll be mentored and guided by experienced peers who will always put your needs first.
At The Sanctuary, we optimise your environment so you can do the difficult work of self growth in the most comfortable surroundings, with the most nurturing people around you, and with the inspiration of the natural world at your doorstep.