A Typical Day at The Sanctuary
Sample Daily Schedule
Your program is unique to you and shaped by your treatment team, but the following example gives you an idea of how a day might be structured.
- 08.00am Wake up and walk on the beach
- 08.30am Breakfast
- 09.00am Yoga/meditation session
- 10.30am Acupuncture
- 11.30am Relaxation time
- 12.00am Lunch
- 01.00pm Psychotherapy
- 02.30pm Personal Training
- 04.00pm Self Nurture time
- 06.30pm Dinner
- 07.30pm Watch television, read a book, engage in art project etc
- 10.00pm Bedtime
Every day is generally different at the Sanctuary Byron Bay but a typical day follows a general course:
- If you are not yet awake, you are gently awoken by your overnight carer who will then prepare and serve your breakfast between 7.30 and 8.30am;
- We allow you ample time to get ready and, if you wish, take a morning walk. As most of our residences are on, or very close to a beach, this is a great way to start your day.
- Your program starts any time between 9.00 and 10.30 am depending on your specific daily schedule, and can end anytime between 3.30 to 5.30pm
- You will have three sessions a day (sometimes 4 sessions) comprising of a mixture of therapies such as psychotherapy, body work, personal training and/or recreational and art activities;
- No day during the week is the same as we vary the components of your program to respond to your changing needs and improving health;
- As psychotherapy can often be an intense experience, relaxing therapies are usually scheduled before or after - for example, massage or meditation.
- Free time is usually scheduled as requested. Some clients need more reflective time than others and we aim to accommodate your preference.
- During the weekdays, lunch and dinner are usually prepared at home by your personal chef with the occasional meal out on weekends and some weekdays scheduled as required.
- Unlike other treatment centres, your personal carers and chefs will take care of your domestic needs. All property management will be undertaken by Sanctuary staff, as will all cleaning. We prefer you to rest and recover.
- You may from time to time, request additional activities or personal services - a specialist check up for example, or even a manicure/pedicure. Perhaps a round of golf or a game of tennis? You are always free to submit requests for specific activities or therapies and as long as your requests are approved by the treatment team, we can arrange variations to your program easily.
- In the evening, you will sit down to a lovely meal prepared by your chef, in the company of your personal carer.
- After dinner you may choose to relax, watch television, read a book, have a walk with your carer or continue on any art projects you may be completing.
- Bedtime is usually from 10pm onwards.