Why Travel to Byron Bay for Treatment?
Clients of The Sanctuary Byron Bay come to us from all walks of life and from all over Australia and the world because:
- We are at the forefront of residential one-to-one treatment and the expertise and quality of our practitioners distinguishes us as a premier treatment centre, not only within Australia but globally;
- We are able to arrange admission at short notice unlike other treatment centers with long waiting lists;
- We offer a degree of privacy and confidentiality unmatched anywhere else;
- We are culturally sensitive and are able to work with differences in cultural expectations and norms that other treatment centers find difficult to address;
- For some clients, especially those from the Middle East and Asia, seeking treatment in their home countries is simply not an option, as cultural norms with respect to addictions and mental health are stigmatising with reputations and standing in society at stake;
- Most treatment programs are group based and totally unsuitable for clients with a high public profile, who are in public office, or whose families are socially or politically prominent. These clients need the guarantee of total confidentiality in treatment;
- Byron Bay - an international destination in its own right – is an exquisitely beautiful area, bordered by ancient rainforests, pristine ocean and stunning mountain ranges.
- Byron Bay is easy to get to - being serviced by three airports, two of which are international airports.
How Travelling for Treatment can help
Removing yourself from your usual environment to seek treatment can be rewarding in many ways:
- To travel in pursuit of health and recovery is to literally affirm your desire and intention for positive change;
- Travel generates an enthusiasm for new possibilities. The prospect of new landscapes, new people, new ideas and new hope will help motivate a renewed interest in life;
- The process of treatment and recovery is greatly accelerated if you can remove yourself from the distractions and habits of your usual environment.
- Even upon return to your home environment, we provide you with aftercare support, referrals to local practitioners, travel companions or continuing aftercare if required.