Why Choose The Sanctuary Byron Bay?
Unsurpassed Privacy & Confidentiality
- We do everything possible to maintain your privacy and confidentiality.
- No-one outside The Sanctuary Byron Bay has access to your details and our properties are privately held, with no obvious connection to a treatment facility.
- All our employees and contractors are bound by strict confidentiality agreements. We never respond to any enquiries about clients in treatment.
- Prominent or well-known clientele can also request additional security measures as required.
One on One Focus
- All treatment is conducted on a one-to-one basis, in contrast to other treatment facilities where group work is the norm.
- At The Sanctuary Byron Bay, you are the sole focus of each treating clinician - enhancing the therapeutic opportunities available within a limited time frame and minimising the distraction of having to consider the needs of other patients in the treatment setting.
A Unique Program for You
- Our programs are tailored specifically to individual clients with medical oversight, yet also combining a wide range of other clinical services including psychotherapy, somatic bodywork, nutrition and fitness and meditation practices.
- Programs are custom-designed with the mix of therapies determined in response to the unique needs of each client.
- All programs include intensive psychotherapy to explore the deeper reasons behind each client's presenting problems. Permanent change is not possible without dealing with these underlying issues.
- Above all, the treatment setting for each client is always located in beautiful and private surrounds where the environment is secure and is especially peaceful and conducive to healing and recovery.
- Unlike other treatment facilities, you will have no contact with other Sanctuary clients. Instead, you will enjoy your own private home with an exclusive treatment team at your service.
- To ensure you are never lonely or isolated, you will enjoy the company of carefully selected 24 hour personal support staff.
Daily Therapeutic Treatments
- Unlike most treatment facilities offering weekly therapy, we offer daily therapies, with a range of fully qualified, experienced and registered practitioners.
- Our somatic therapists are leaders in their fields, as are our psychologists and psychotherapists, most of whom have over 20 years professional experience.
- Daily therapies are more conducive to the development of deeper therapeutic relationships and on this basis practitioners are more able to develop a comprehensive assessment of your needs, in the least time and with greater depth.
Coordinated Holistic Treatment
- In offering a unique combination of medical services and complementary therapies, our treatment team is holistically focused and guided by regular multidisciplinary practitioner meetings.
- The key features of each approach are drawn together, ensuring the treatment approach is coordinated and unified.
Daily Exercise & Physical Fitness
- Your emotional and physical wellbeing are interlinked which is why we aim to always improve your physical fitness through sustained exercise, body work and physical movement.
- We provide a wide range of physical training options including resistance and cardiovascular training, martial arts, controlled stretching and a range of sporting activities to suit your interests.
Flexibility & Responsiveness
- Ancillary and support staff at The Sanctuary Byron Bay liaise daily with each other and the treating team to share their observations and experiences of you and provide feedback to practitioners.
- This enables the program to respond daily to your shifting needs, allowing the flexibility necessary to promote maximum growth and recovery.
Focus on Nutrition & Natural Supplements
- To bring you to optimum health in the least time, diet and nutrition are important factors in your treatment.
- You will have a personal chef who liaises with other practitioners to ensure your diet is specifically designed to complement other therapies and to fortify your constitution.
- Your personal chef will take into account your own personal dietary preferences as well as recommendations from the treating team.
- Food is purchased and prepared daily and where possible, we use organic and in-season produce.
- Natural supplements, including vitamins and minerals, are also integrated into your treatment plan where required.
Develop Your Creativity & Passion
An additional feature of The Sanctuary Byron Bay model is our focus on helping you reconnect to your creativity and passions.
- In addition to our clinical program, we encourage you to have fun, to engage in your surroundings and to discover greater meaning in your life.
- We encourage excursions such as bushwalks, whale-watching, and other outdoor activities that help to rekindle your appreciation of being part of a living, sustaining environment.
- We also encourage your participation in activities that promote creativity and focus, for example - dance, art, martial arts and music.
- We employ highly experienced and talented music therapists, musical instrument teachers, dance teachers of various styles and martial arts experts who are available to you as required.
- Our aim is to help you recognise your own undiscovered capacities to harness your inner strengths and passions, shifting your reliance away from maladaptive behaviours and negative cognitive patterns.
- We recognise the important role family members and significant others can play in helping our clients maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- For that reason, family or significant others are invited to participate in some aspects of the program where therapeutically beneficial and when requested by a client.